Note: My name is officially Yiping Ma, but is spelled as Yi-Ping Ma or Y.-P. Ma for publication purposes.
- [DOI] D. D. J. M. Snee and Y.-P. Ma. Edge solitons in a nonlinear mechanical topological insulator. Extreme Mechanics Letters, 100487 (2019).
- [DOI] Y.-P. Ma, I. Sudakov, C. Strong, and K. M. Golden. Ising model for melt ponds on Arctic sea ice. New Journal of Physics, 21(6), 063029 (2019). Featured by:
- University of Utah News, ScienceDaily, PhysOrg, EurekAlert: 100-year-old physics model replicates modern Arctic ice melt
- Wired: Magnetic Materials Help Explain How Arctic Ice Melts
- Scientific American: Magnet and Neuron Model Also Predicts Arctic Sea Ice Melt
- Physics World: When is Arctic ice like a magnet?
- Eos (AGU): A Nearly 100-Year-Old Physics Model Replicates Modern Arctic Ice Melt
- [PDF] Y.-P. Ma. Localized structures in forced oscillatory systems. PhD thesis, University of California at Berkeley (2011).
- [PDF] Y.-P. Ma. The derivation and application of convective pattern equations. Proceedings of the Summer Study Program in G.F.D., Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 308-329 (2009).